PC powers down while playing games

For the last week my computer would power down and stop whatever I was doing and after 30 seconds my computer would reboot. This would only occur while playing Skyrim or Call of Duty MW3. Along with this my image quality was very bad. The PSU was also fairly loud. I quickly noticed that the power supply was getting really hot.

Figured my PSU was going out so I got a new ThermalTake TR 2 600W. Hook it up sound is gone, resolution is better and I game for probably 6 hours thought the day. Then that night it does the power down again, and have had it do it a few more times trying to test things. Is this then a Video card problem? Currently running a Nvidia GeForce GT 220. I can look into the case and see that the fan on it doesn't seem to be spinning very fast.

Other information:
Processor: Intel Quad Core 2 CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz.

Primary question does this mean that my Video Card is going out as well?

does your case have sufficient cooling? i was having problems when things were getting hot and not able to stay cool enough.

hmm...it might be your graphics card overheating then, if the fan doesnt seem to be spinning that fast. I wouldn't take my word for it, as most people here are much more experienced than me.

Back