PC powers itself off + it requests driver update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am attempting to repair my brothers PC. I am not experienced in hardware at all. I have a recovery disk for his PC which is Fujutsu Siemens SCALEOT AMD Athlon64, nvidia g-force FX. Dont know the motherboard number without the PC running.
The PC started powering itself off. Even when I put a Recovery disk in. I have tried many hours till eventually it stays on long enough to load up files on PC, then after selecting new install fresh, it goes into 34mins left and a box appears. Asks me to pick Y or N to 'Software for VIA Bus master IDE controller has not passed its windows logo testing. Blah blah-it could impair system using it. I have tried accepting either Yor N and the mouse then disappears from screen. Another box appears then saying SOFTWARE for Standard dual channel pci ide controller has failed logo test also. I cant select anything without the mouse so then I have to turn off the PC via the power switch on the back. The software seems to working in the background and shows XP is moving. The minutes seem to stay at 34 though waiting for my selection.Intermittently the PCpowers itself off. How can I get some free drivers for this machine. Do I need precise information? How do I load them up? Is it through F6 when starting afresh. Could I get machine specification through exploring Recovery disk? Help! Please!

Sounds like an overheating problem.

Blow out any dust built up inside the chassis. Remove the chassis panels and run it. See if the system doesn't shut itself down.

When the BIOS detects the CPU or MoBo temps are too high, it cuts the power immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back