PC powers on and won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshuamays

I run an online pc game world of warcraft. When loading the game my pc would freeze. Event manager logged the errors as 3011 & 3012. I downloaded ccleaner and fixed the registry errors. Problem solved. no more crashing.

Game ran fine for awhile after the fixes to registry were applied. Then at an in-game loading screen my pc crashed again. Event manager logged the error 2004. Description for the event is as follows:

Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned.

I wiped an Activex file off the registry with ccleaner and boot the pc game just to see if it works. While at the same online loading screen i always get to my pc froze and it reset itself.
Pc never booted after reset. I manually powered off pc and turned it back on. it powers on, but wont boot.

I have 6 x 2GB sticks of ram. ive already swapped them out seeing if one was bad. no dice. no beep code either if that helps. any other ideas?

hmm.. theres no easy answer to that question, the first thing you should do is to make sure your monitor is properly plugged in, I wonder if it could be a hard drive issue because your computer dosent boot... check out your hard drive and make sure everything is connected properly, all the cables are where they should be cause when I was installing my new PSU, the system wouldnt boot, my solution was that I needed a spare cable from my other power supply to connect to the hard drive cause the two that came with the PSU were put into the CD/DVD drive and another important place that I cant remember cause I was frustrated at the time. If that isnt the solution, then, ill try to think of another cause

Was this problem resolved? Was it a hard drive or a software issue?... and how did the new power supply conflict with all these problems?

for me it was the PSU because one of the cable coming out of the power supply wasnt connected to a critical part of the computer and like I said i needed to borrow a cable from my old one

nah. bad news. i bareboned my pc. just mobo, pcu, psu, and and pc speaker. (yes i removed all hardware cd, video, hdd, and even the ram) Powers on with all fans running. and thats as far as it goes. pc doesnt boot.

did the ASUS support troubleshoot. guide cannot offer help as to what my issue is. idk, maybe my pcu overheated? not likely. i only offer that as a suggeston as its my first time building a water cooled pc. i frequently checked cpu temp in the first trials of running my pc. Ran cooler than any fan cooled pc ive ever seen. holding strong at 64C i believe it was.

heres what i do know. Mobo can be powewred on with just its 24pin atx connector alone. there is also an 8pin atx connector on the mobo. it is until this 8pin is connected that the mobo will be capable of booting into its bios. ive tried disconnecting/reconnecting it. unfortunately i dont have a way to test to see if it is now a faulty connection.

any other ideas? contemplating taking mobo in to fry's electronics to get it looked at.

so the PC thats not working now is water cooled?, im sure you checked it out before but make sure nothing leaked onto the motherboard or anything else if thats true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back