Pc Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone I was just curious on some of the best Anti-Virus and Anti-spyware programs. I'm kinda looking for some freebies that I can use for now til i purchase some. I also need them for the three computers in my household. Any recomendations?

Thanks a bunch Nickslick74 I will try them and let you know what I think. Before I was only running avast antispyware and Microsoft Antivirus. What do you think about Microsofts new "defender"?

I've never used it myself, but from what I've heard around here, it's not very good. AVG does get very high marks around here. Much better than Norton and McAfee, doesn't hog your system resources!

I'd say, as long as you don't get norton, mcafee, or windows defender then you should be fine.
I use ca etrust antivirus and pest patrol and rate them very highly. I have no idea where you could download them from as mine are genuine from ca on cd.

Well I could recommend the free Grisoft AV for sure, never complained about it and regarded to be better by PCMagazine in an general AV-test.
For Spyware I have a very great and nifty programme called Hitmanpro, it's actually a script that bundles the best off the best off spywareremoval and also automises the scans with the best settings for all the apps.
For a firewall most certainly the free ZoneAlarm, it's one off the better for the not computerpro and a router is also nifty for it's hardware firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back