TechSpot

PC randomly Shutting Down When I'm Playing Games.

By Ecsinimer
May 21, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi I Seem To Have An Issue With My PC, It's Randomly Shutting Down When I'm Playing Games Which Need Little Effort For My Computer To Run...But The Unusual Case Of This Is That When It Shuts Down, I Am Unable To Turn It Back On Unless I Wait Around 5-10 Minutes...The Same Thing Also Happens When I Try To Restart My Computer, It Would Just Turn Off And I Have To Wait Again.
    I've Searched The Threads On This Forum And Checked For Any Leaks On The Capacitor, Heating Problems, Even Switched The Jumpers Around etc...But The Mainboard Seems Fine...I've Also Changed My Power Supply From A 430w To A 600w, Which Didnt Seem To Make A Difference...So I'm In Desperate Need Of Any Kind Of Help...It Would Be Most Appreciated.

My System Specs:

Intel 3.60Ghz CPU
    MSI P4N Diamond Series Mainboard
    2x 1 gig of Geil RAM
    nVidia 7800 GTX Albatron
    1x 80 gig HDD
    1x 150 gig HDD

Thank you so much.

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.
  2. ZWERVER

ZWERVER TS Rookie Posts: 96

hi, and what about your cpu or mobo temperatures. can u test them. chek your coolers for dust.
  3. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

4. Ecsinimer

Ecsinimer TS Rookie Topic Starter

There is no visible file here.

Memtest86+ is located on the bootsector of this CD.

Just boot from this CD and Memtest86+ will launch.

? Im using Daemon Tools But It Wont Start Up?
  5. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 3,556

BOOT - not run.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.