PC reboots when encoding or watching movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kam

My PC keeps rebooting when I do video encoding, watch movies and etc. I am using a P4 3.2 800FSB CPU and I have recently installed the Thermal Take Silent Tower CPU cooler. I am using two 80mm 21db Fans in the front and back of the case and Corsair TWINX DDR3200 dual channel memory and my CPU temp is around 40 - 50.

Can someone please give me some advice on how I can stop the PC from rebooting and why it keeps rebooting during encoding and using certain applications/softwares. Can someone also tell me what the CPU tempreture should be normally for a 3.2 and should the TT Silent Tower CPU cooler make A difference on the tempreture and performance.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds to me that you have some sort of driver problem, possibly graphics card.

First thing to do is make sure that you have all the latest drivers.

In order to know why you system is rebooting, right click my computer and select properties, then the advanced tab then under startup and recovery click settings, and uncheck the box that says automatically restart.

Also set the write debugging information to none.

Now instead of your system rebooting, you should receive an error message telling you why the system has crashed.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Hi

With regards to having the latest drivers, can you please tell me where I can get them from, I've got the following parts:

Gigabyte GA-8IG1000 Pro-G, S478
Radeon 9200 128MB DDR AGP VIVO
Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 SATA150
P4 3.2 S478 FSB800
Corsair 2x512MB XMS3200 Silver Heatsink
Pioneer DVR108 Dual Layer
Mitsumi 7in1 Media Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back