PC reset when downloading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

This is really becoming annoying. My PC is resetting itself - and only does it when I'm downloading. If I'm downloading for more than about five minutes, the PC will usually just restart itself, as if I've pushed the reset button on the front.

My mate, who's quite tech-minded, mentioned it could be a cooling problem, but the fans are fine and the PC is well ventilated. He's out of reach now so I was hoping you guys could shine some light on the problem.

Cheers all!

PS. sorry if this is in the wrong place, but seeing as I didn't know the problem I didn't know exactly where to put the post!

:D

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Perhaps the router?

Hey again,

Well before I went and tried my hand at that stuff, I had also tried to play Warcraft, but it's slow to load up the screens, and when I thought I was about to get into the game - it resets, just like when I was downloading a torrent or something.

I'm starting to think it's something to do with my wireless internet connection - it's recently been put in. I can't connect to MSN Messenger, play Warcraft online, connect to my bank online, and until recently, download torrents. I was using Bit Tornado, so tried Bit Lord and that works perfectly - no more resetting my computer.

These problems have all arose since the installation of the wireless connection. I'm kinda thick about PCs mind, so humour me a little bit :D

Cheers everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back