PC resets when black disc is loaded into bruner tray?!?! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really need help here. I have searched the net high and low and haven't been able to find a solution to this very annoying problem. Whenever I load a blank DVD or CD in my burner and close the tray, 5 seconds after closing it my whole PC resets as if someone pushed the reset button. This just started a few days ago and I haven't added any new hard/software, changed any settings etc. It is an LG burner model GSA-4163B. In order for it to burn a DVD/CD, I need to keep the tray open, and then in whatever app I'm using, I need to click the "burn" button and have the software close the tray and it starts to burn, but this is a pain because not all apps have that ability...can anyone suggest ANYTHING?!?!?!

Thanks in advance,
mocaso

Does it do the same thing with other types of DVD's adn CD's? if itdoes it only with black ones then the easiest solution is to stop using them.

on the other hand if you mean BLANK disks then I would check in device manger to see fi your drive has a problem. check both the drive itself and the IDE channel it is on. make sure it is operating in DMA mode and not PIO mode. ( my guess would be with the restarts windows has knocked it down to PIO.

if it is a problem with the windows driver ( all optical drives use the native windows driver) uninstall the ide channel the drive is on and reboot. windows will reinstall the ide channel adn the Drive when it starts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back