TechSpot

PC resetting

By kitten
Jun 19, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys
    I have this strange problem, my pc keeps on resetting and i have no idea why, both fans are working, windows are updated.. runs fine as well..
    any ideas?
    thanks
    kitty :confused:
  2. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

When Windows crashes with blue screen, it writes a system event 1001 and a minidump to the folder \windows\minidump
    Check system event 1001 and it has the content of the blue screen

Control Panel -> Adminstrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System -> Event 1001. Copy the content and paste it back here

3. kitten

kitten TS Rookie Topic Starter

no event 1001 :/
    got 1002
    no 1001
    any other ideas?
  4. unc879wins

unc879wins TS Rookie

If its repeatedly resetting itself; as if attempting to post but then cycles back thru a reboot.... pop out the quarter sized battery on the motherboard.... keep it out for about a minute.. pop it back in. Of course, I would do this with no power connected to your pc. This will reset your BIOS as well, so if you've made any changes from the factory setting, you will need to enter your BIOS screen and make the changes again.
  5. cpc2004

cpc2004 TS Rookie Posts: 2,044

Kitten,

Do you find any minidumps at the folder \windows\minidump? If yes, zip 4 minidumps and attach the zip files here.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.