PC Restart After Power Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.freak

Hey ...

I live in Lebanon (Next To Israel) and here they cut off the power every now and then for exactly 4H everyday ... We have generators of course ... Anyway to my problem ...

I have a PIV 2.8GHz HT, 3xHard-Drives, nVidia GeForcr 7800 GS/OC AGP VGA, Creative 7.1 SoundCard, LG DVDR/W, on an Intel D865PERL Board ... Running on a LivStar 400W PSU ...

The problem is ever since I got this VGA of mine from the States, on the old 350W PSU The PC used to freeze up on power failure, but now on the 400W PSU it keeps restarting... What is going on ... I thought it was from the 680VA UPS, so I bought a 150$ 1200VA PCE XP-Pro UPS ... Still the same problem !!!!!!

I've been suffering that for 2 weeks now, and as u well know here in Leb we r very poor so I can't keep on buying stuff ... Anyway can anyone help coz this PC is all I have and I'm going to be a web-host from this PC,don't want it to restart anymore !!!!!

In my event viewer I don't have anything worth showing u guys ... So Plz can u help ASAP ?!?!?!?!

P.S : I'm on Vista Ultimate Edition ....

SpeedFan :

fangs3.jpg

Ch33rs
Steve.The.Freak.Com

could be down to your gfx card.. how much power does it need?/stated on the side of the box?
it could just be that your working your PSU too hard and so you dont have enough watts to allow the UPS to take over properly?

just a guess tho

i had a 300watt psu and then i bought a 6800gt AGP it said 440watts on the side of the box so i bought a 480watt psu.. still didnt work
i had to get a 600watt psu to power it in the end :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back