Pc restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorlonbob

My PC restarts for no reason, generally while playing games. I originally thought that the graphics card was causing it, but replacing with a new one has not cured the problem, nor has replacing the power supply (twice), processor fan, case extractor fan, memory. I did a hard drive reformat, but have found all is the same. Pc works fine apart from that, and it doesn't do it all the time, i think during primarily graphic applications, although once i was burning a cd, and went to go on the net and it did it then. It's been happening for around 4 months on and off. Could it be that my processor or mobo are on their way out? There is no warning, just a restart, with no messages when the display comes back up.

AMD XP3200+
A7N8X-E mobo
PNY Geforce 6 6600GT AGP graphics card
1024mb PC3200 Kingston RAM
Windows XP Service Pack 2

vorlonbob said:
My PC restarts for no reason, generally while playing games. I originally thought that the graphics card was causing it, but replacing with a new one has not cured the problem, nor has replacing the power supply (twice), processor fan, case extractor fan, memory. I did a hard drive reformat, but have found all is the same. Pc works fine apart from that, and it doesn't do it all the time, i think during primarily graphic applications, although once i was burning a cd, and went to go on the net and it did it then. It's been happening for around 4 months on and off. Could it be that my processor or mobo are on their way out? There is no warning, just a restart, with no messages when the display comes back up.

AMD XP3200+
A7N8X-E mobo
PNY Geforce 6 6600GT AGP graphics card
1024mb PC3200 Kingston RAM
Windows XP Service Pack 2

it might be heat but since its' been on and off for months I don't know

Not sure what the problem may be yet.

Right click my computer and select properties, then select the advanced tab, and under startup and recovery click on settings.

Uncheck the box that says automatically restart.

Now with any luck the next time your system crashes you should receive a bsod telling you why the system has crashed.

pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

you can also look up the stop message HERE

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Thanks, i'll try it. I have had a message come up now and again, happened again last night 'System has recovered from a serious error, send report to microsoft'. When i send it it comes back saying driver error. But out of all the times it restarts, it has only come up with this message a couple of times, and i haven't really installed anything particularly new. Except perhaps things like latest Geforce drivers.

El Cheapo PSUs

I don't know if you have been buying quality PSUs or not, but stick with quality namebrand PSUs in the $60-100 range... for gaming, 350-450watts would be the power capability I recommend. You can buy a generic 400W PSU for like $10 but its gonna be total trash... Simply stated: don't skimp on the PSU... this alone should resolve your system restarting during games.

C0d3Warr10r

Big Blue:
Asus P4P800 I865PE
P4 2.8GHz 800MHz
2048MB KingMax PC-3200
Maxtor DiamondMax 9 /160GB /7200RPM /8MB Cache
ATI Radeon X800 Pro
Enermax 420W PSU
Aspire X-Dreamer II
Lite-On 12X DVD+/-RW
Sony 48X CD-RW
Samsung SyncMaster 997DF 19" CRT
3DMark03 Score: 10,035

ATI Sapphire HD 2600 PRO 512mb

My PC restarts for no reason also now. :/
This all started when I got my new graphic's card it's name is
"ATI Sapphire HD 2600 PRO 512mb"

I keep getting a stop error when I start up a game about 2 times a day and then my pc restarts.

I now Uncheck the box that says automatically restart like "howard_hopkinso" said hope that works.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphic's card drivers about 4 times now and still the same, also there's no updates for this card and "Catalyst Control Center" don't work and I have net 2 from MS.

Im not sure what to do... I know im not going to ever get ATI cards ever again, I only got this one cause it's powerful for games and it was a good price.

Any idea?

gtamike said:
I now Uncheck the box that says automatically restart like "howard_hopkinso" said hope that works.

if you (both) do that you should see a stop message which you can google for and post it here. then we can find out what the problem is.

mscrx

I clicked don't send and went on more information about error.
I got this message, I save this in a .txt file 2 days ago.

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf7cb.dir00\Mini120907-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERf7cb.dir00\sysdata.xml

RE: restart

Hi it happened again today, :/ After I started a game only happens then.

Here's my pc spec's (I used EasyInfo.exe)
---------------------------------------------------
System Overview / Comparison
Your System Results Game Requirements

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) Pass Windows XP

System Memory 512.4 Pass 512.0

Processor Speed 2800.3 Pass 1700 Mhz (1.7 GHz)

DirectX Version 9.0c Pass 9.0c

Display Device ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP Unknown Compatibility

Display Memory 512.0 Pass 128.0

Display Driver 6.14.10.6715 Unknown Compatibility

Sound Device Realtek AC97 Audio Pass

Sound Driver 5.10.5730 Unknown Compatibility

Operating System Information
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer Information
Version 7.00.5730.0013

System Device Information
Processor
Intel Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz 2800.3 Mhz

Memory
System Total 512.4
Virtual Total 2047.9
Pagefile Total 4096.0

Snapshot
System Available 80.2
Virtual Available 1992.3
Pagefile Available 4096.0

Monitor Information
Monitor Name Plug and Play Monitor
Refresh Rate 85 Hz

Monitor Information
Monitor Name Plug and Play Monitor
Refresh Rate 0 Hz

Network Card Information
Name WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface
IP Address 82.26.131.149
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255
Gateway 82.26.131.149
Primary WINS Server N/A
DHCP N/A

Media Device Information
Mass Storage Devices
Type Removable
File System N/A
Total Space 0 Bytes
Free Space 0 Bytes

Mass Storage Devices
Type Fixed
File System NTFS
Total Space 110.6 GB
Free Space 29.6 GB

Mass Storage Devices
Type Fixed
File System FAT32
Total Space 3.9 GB
Free Space 572.2 MB

Mass Storage Devices
Type Removable
File System N/A
Total Space 0 Bytes
Free Space 0 Bytes

Mass Storage Devices
Type Removable
File System N/A
Total Space 0 Bytes
Free Space 0 Bytes

Mass Storage Devices
Type Removable
File System N/A
Total Space 0 Bytes
Free Space 0 Bytes

Mass Storage Devices
Type Removable
File System N/A
Total Space 0 Bytes
Free Space 0 Bytes

Mass Storage Devices
Type CD / DVD Drive
File System CDFS
Total Space 4.4 GB
Free Space 0 Bytes

Mass Storage Devices
Type CD / DVD Drive
File System CDFS
Total Space 543.3 MB
Free Space 0 Bytes

DirectX Information
Version 9.0c
Long Version 4.09.0000.0904

Display Device (Primary Only)
ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP
Device
Description ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP
Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc.
GUID D7B71EE2-D6C7-11CF-B273-2820AFC2CD35

Driver
Version 6.14.10.6715
Module ati2dvag.dll
Date 7-26-2007

Memory
Local 512.0
Local 564.7
Non-Local 52.7
Texture 564.7

Sound Device (Primary Only)
Realtek AC97 Audio
Device
Description Realtek AC97 Audio
Manufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
GUID BD6DD71A-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20000

Driver
Version 5.10.5730
Module ALCXWDM.SYS
Date 10-1-2004

Capabilities
Max 3D Buffers 33
Supports Mono Output True
Supports Stereo Output True

Cause I Uncheck the box that says automatically restart like "howard_hopkinso" said I now get a Blue screen with text.

Here's the text

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file :win32k.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options suck as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart you computer, press F8 to select Advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X00000050 (0XE573F404, 0X00000000, Date stamp 45F013F6

*** win32k.sys - Address BF89412B base at BF800000, Datestamp 45F013F6

Beginning dump of physical memory physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Please Help

ok, win32k.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
this can have many causes but usually is related to RAM, video card or mainboard. I suggest to run tests on RAM and video card. there is alot of diagnostic software out. also you can try to disable paging and create a new pagefile.
could you attach the .dmp file to your next reply post. maybe we can read something more out of it.

.dmp

mscrx said:
ok, win32k.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
this can have many causes but usually is related to RAM, video card or mainboard. I suggest to run tests on RAM and video card. there is alot of diagnostic software out. also you can try to disable paging and create a new pagefile.
could you attach the .dmp file to your next reply post. maybe we can read something more out of it.

Here's the .dmp file I also added the other .dmp files (from temp folder) in the zip folder.http://files.filefront.com/dmpzip/;9267398;/fileinfo.html

i was getting this error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, as well as IRQ_NOT LESS OR EQUAL and found my gfx card was to blame.

i suspected it for a while but when i finally has the cash to buy my 8800GT i found all problems disappeared.

My pc only restarts on steam games at the loading screen sometimes, also the screen is black on the loading screen it's should have a picture there insted of a black screen. I added the dmp file in attachments. I've got a 1 gb of ram off ebay today because my pc is slow and this may fixed the pc restarting problem but I really don't know. I don't have any money to get a new graphic's card the one I got is only 3 weeks old.

gtamike said:
I don't have any money to get a new graphic's card the one I got is only 3 weeks old.

unfortunately at 3 weeks old it is still possible to be damaged (although significantly lower chance). BUT know that i suspected my graphics card was flawed when i was getting reoccurring errors and BSOD a mere matter of months after the purchase.

I was in denial but eventually as things got worse i had no choice but to buy a new one. (just in time for crysis)

Im not saying it is your problem, i simply saying don't rule it out just yet.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back