TechSpot

PC restarting randomly

By tekkal
Mar 14, 2008
  1. Noticed another thread just got resolved but didn't want to hijack it....

I'm getting random restarts generally only while playing a game....
    Just upgraded my video card to a Nvidia 9600 GT OC, and at same time got a new PSU (650 watt) to power the new vid card.....

not getting any warning, monitor just goes black (no signal).....meanwhile the computer stays on, Power button still lit up....and I need to hold the power button down as if I was powering down the computer without shutting down windows.....computer starts up just fine directly afterwards, no problems untill I once again try to play a game, sometimes I can play for hours on end with no problems, sometimes a matter of seconds.....

In trying to combat this, I have run ad-aware, AVG, updated vid drivers, AND Bios......it does not appear that my motherboard has a temperature gauge which is powering down my system, as I can't find any temperature readings in the Bios......any help would be appreciated.....if you need more definitive specs of computer, let me know a good program to get a list of them for you.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

"if you need more definitive specs of computer, let me know a good program to get a list of them for you"...

Yes, please... "Everest" from Major Geeks is good for this

3. tekkal

tekkal TS Rookie Topic Starter

Tried to post the report here, but kept saying it was too long :p.... will just attach a text file of the report

(Sorry for the Danish titles, Bought the computer in denmark when I was living there :p havn't figured out if I can change the language to english :p )

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.