PC restarts all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somebody

The problem occured with one of my friends PC. It crashed. As usually I cleaned it from dust and so(replacing termopaste,cleaning the cooler e.t.c).
Put on XP sp2(clean reinstall),bet encountered a error I can't deal with.
PC restarts every time it boots up. Sometimes it's working for 1-5min.
Made a printscreen,but can't figure out those minidumps.
Maybe somebody can help me out with this?
can't figure out where is the problem

http: //bildites.lv/viewer.php?file=nic8ii3hqzz5rs97jqrc. jpg

Theres a dash between http and at the end,before jpg.
I really don't have time to wait till 5 posts

Friends PC stats- motherboard- Asus P4P800, Cpu- 3.0ghz,ram- kingston ddr 800mhz(1gb,kit of two),PSU- 350w,graphic card- was radeon 9800,128mb(AGP),replaced it with similar Geforce 128mb .. anyone?

Tried... nothing changed. But!- at safe mode PC runs more than 5min,without restarting... what could that mean?

Try to clean your card and memory contacts with a gum eraser and reseat. Do another clean re-install but this time use another CD and use your own CD-Key. I've encountered errors on scratched installers that causes BSOD.

I did all of that. I may be newbie in this forum,not at real life. Worked at PC shop for a long time. For this PC used my own original copy of XP and my Cd-key. Never got a BSOD(would be great,at least it would show all of errors and maybe some registry failure)

PC restarts after a few minutes

If it runs for a longer period in SAFE mode, it indicates something is causing trouble which the system has shed to go into safe mode. We will probe into it later. First pl tell me if you have tried "System Restore". Click Start>All programs>Accessories>System tools>System Restore>Select: Restore my computer to an earlier time.

WinXPert -CHKDSK not responding via cmd console,tried several times(could be OS failure?)

krishnasahai- Mate,this is fresh xp install- there is no such thing as restore point to start from. When you intall a clean copy of XP,it automatically generates restore point.
Right now this PC had cd-rom failure(I hoped this was the damaged hardware,but restarts continues... )

During re-install, one can opt for "Keep your existing files and personalised settings". On this presumption, I thought we may try restore which takes only a few clicks: Rt click on My Computer>Rt click on HD>Properties>Tools>Check now.

Correction to my last posting: Pl. place a period after restore. Then add: "To check disc" before "which".
If it does not work, we can try HD fitness test procedure by Hitachi (details later). If HD is ok, we may identify the culprit/s which gets shed on going to SAFE mode.

right click on my computer open properties go to advanced tab, click on Startup and Recovery settings, uncheck automatically restart ifits checked. sorry if that does not solve your problem.

i had a problem like this 1 with my frnds pc too,we thought its the ram,changed the ram,tried the ram on my pc ,worked,still the same, when i diagnose it i had 8 badsectors,checked everything,it hadnt solved anyhing, i placed a built out vga,it worked but not 100%, it just gave more time working,tried to stop the built-in vga but cant
try to stop the built in vga,it may give u more time
if not its the mobo,coz i checked everything on my mobo,and it was fine
very confusing x(

Sockmuncher
Your suggestion basically covers cases of shut -down due to cutting off of power from outside the computer. In such cases, after re-start, the computer remains ON as long as you wish. "Sombody's" case also includes shutting-off after a few minutes. So we have to treat the patient for the totality of symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back