PC restarts randomly!! Pls Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

domyue

Hi guys,

I've recently put together a PC and for the first 3 weeks it was running perfectly. Then in the past week, it started crashing completely randomly it seems. No error messages or blue screens, it just auto restarts.

On reboot, it has an error log (the following are 5 examples out of about 10 crashes so far)

Ex 1
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 c0384dc0, parameter3 ebf4e4ec, parameter4 00000000.
(This occurred when I was finishing an installation of iTunes..don't know if that's of significance?)

Ex 2
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 c038d724, parameter3 ecb494ec, parameter4 00000000.

Ex 3
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804e7fc2, parameter3 ec2dc4e4, parameter4 00000000.

Ex 4
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 c038c2f4, parameter3 ec94189c, parameter4 00000000.

Ex 5
Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 804e7fc2, parameter3 ec4da4e4, parameter4 00000000.

I've not installed any new hardware in the last week nor any major programs. I've got no spyware (according to spybot). Norton windoctor reported a missing msvcr80.dll (i realise i can't just add this .dll back into my system...plus I'm told it's a necessary .dll for office 2007 and .NET 2.0)

Any idea what my problems could be??

Thanks so much!
Dom

PS: the attached jpegs shows the errors windoctor comes up with and a minidump after a crash

This happened to me ALOT!!! its your motherboard.. I use to have the exact same problem. I'd play a game and it would randomly reset or even if i was in word it would. Its the motherboard on its way out. Try another motherboard in it see if it fixes it

But first reformat see if it fixes it.

I seriously doubt it`s a mobo problem. It`s far more likely to be a driver/software issue, or possibly a ram issue.

Uninstall Itunes and see if that helps at all.

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to discover the culprit.

If it doesn`t, attach 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps here.

Regards Howard :)

1) iTunes was completely fine before last week when the crashes started
2) There is no overheat of CPU, i pushed it to the max and top temp was 50oC ish
3) RAM i've been using for the past year and it worked perfectly
4) Checked my harddisk and it passed the test OK
5) Seems like nothing wrong with my pagefile after defrag

Minidumps:

I have studied your minidumps and the culprit is klif.sys. This is part of your Kaspersky antivirus.

I suggest you do the following.

Uninstall and reinstall Kaspersky, also check that you have the latest version.

If that doesn`t help, then change your Antivirus software. The AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes are very good.

I tried reinstalling kaspersky and it says it has compatibility issues with my firewall COMODO. Are there any known issues with avast or AVG??

I know that AVG is compatible with Comodo, not sure about Avast, but I haven`t heard of anyone having problems with it. However, I do know that Kaspersky has issues with Comodo.

Ive installed Avast 4.7 on my PC now. How did you figure out it was the kaspersky file that was the problem?? I only saw a mass of numbers in my minidump read...
Was there any other problem other than the kaspersky file?

Nope, no other problem I could see.

Here`s part of the output of one of your minidumps.

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, c038cb54, ec6894ec, 0}

Unable to load image klif.sys, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
Unable to load image kl1.sys, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kl1.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kl1.sys
Probably caused by : klif.sys ( klif+e10c )

Followup: MachineOwner

If you would like to be able to read minidumps yourself, take a look at this short tutorial HERE.

wow, complex...

I've had Avast for the past 4 hrs...no crashes yet! fingers crossed...

How's lancashire? I'm in london and its freezing hahah

Yeah, it`s bloody cold up here too. We had quite a bit of wintery weather and high winds today. I`m staying in, until I have to take my dog out lol.

Oh i forgot to ask...for the past few days, my OS is asking me to activate. I've got an official code and everything, but don't wanna activate with m*soft. Any way to remove this bugging message??

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back