PC restarts when i turn on a sound amp

By Rafael Cerecero
Feb 22, 2007
  1. Hello, i recently changed my mobo, videocard, and CPU. I have a poweramp to amplifly the sound, but when i turn on this amp, the PC restarts itself, it seems to be some kind of protection or something against lows on energy. But with the mobo and stuff that i had before, this didnt happen. Do i need to make some adjustments in the new mobo? or do i need definitively to connect the amp in a separate powersocket?

Current system: ASUS Mobo, Pentium D 3.4 Ghz, Visiontek Radeon X1300.
  2. Bluemouse

Bluemouse TS Rookie Posts: 195

It sounds like a psu problem. What power supply do you have?

List other stuff that draws power, such as graphics cards, hard drives, optical drives, etc as well.
  3. Rafael Cerecero

Rafael Cerecero TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi, I have a 350 watt PSU, my entire system is:

Pentium D 3.4 ghz.
    1 GB DDR.
    2 HD IDE, 80 GB, 40 GB.
    Visiontek Radeon X1300 (need to connect to PSU)
    PCI Echo Layla Soundcard

I guess it´s all...

4. Bluemouse

Bluemouse TS Rookie Posts: 195

Hm, that amp is plugged in separately I assume eh? 359 should be enough I suppose.

If you are not blowing a fuse/tripping a breaker then I don't think it is a problem with the comp and amp being plugged into the same socket.

I still think it is a power issue, but you never know. Maybe you have a driver issue or something. Check to see if there are any minidump files with the date that it crashes. C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

If not, I would be inclined to think that it is a power issue.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.