PC shows Vista Loading Bar then stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having an issue with my PC not loading windows. When I turn it on and it starts to load windows it shows the green loading bar moving but when its done nothing happens and the screen stays black. The screen doesn't go blank and try looking for a working signal on my monitor, its like it freezes or stops right before the vista logo appears. Everything has been working fine for months until now. It seemed to happen after I restarted my PC because it said I need to install some updates yesterday. I don't know what the updates were, I never checked. When it was loading it went to a screen saying something about scanning or checking the disc and that I could skip it or continue and that it was recommended. When it was done everything loaded just fine. Later that night I tried restarting my computer again and that's when everything started.

I have tried booting the PC in safe mode but it stops saying please wait with \Windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys as the last thing it loaded. I have tried swapping out my video cards and using one instead of 2. I have removed some Ram and even replaced the Sata cable from my hard drive to the mobo.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hardware and Software:

Windows Vista 32 Home Premium
Asus P5N-D LGA 775 mobo
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66
320GB Sata II Hitachi Deskstar Hard Drive
2 x XFX Geforce 9600 GT video cards
4 x 2GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2

Boot from the Vista install DVD and go through the initial startup. You will see an option to repair. Select "repair startup problems", and follow the on-screen instructions

I tried that but it kept going to the vista loading bar again stopped. I ended up unplugging my second hard drive that I use to store my media and for some reason that fixed the issue so I am good now. Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back