PC shuts down when loading a disc

By ritty
Apr 2, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My pc has started to shutdown, then reboot when I load a CD to burn files on....any ideas why?
  2. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 Newcomer, in training Posts: 563

hi ritty

I believe this is caused by a PSU problem. Your power supply unit is probably failing.

Spyder_1386 :)
  3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +32

You didn't give us much to work with! Not even your OS. Here are the directions for the Event Viewer in Windows XP:

You will be looking for an ERROR that occurs at the same time as the freeze:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Please ignore Warnings and Information Events. You do not need to include the lines of code-if any- in the box below the Description. The Error will give us more information to work with.
  4. dextercba

dextercba Newcomer, in training

is the AC power suply change that for more Watts and better quality
  5. Ultiweap

Ultiweap TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 742

It can be due to PSU not powerful enough to supply power for every parts in the PC as you may have a good graphic card I think.

First of all do that Bobbye mentioned you to do and then we will be able to know where exactly is the problem.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.