TechSpot

PC slow down while installing or copying

By Speaker
Nov 14, 2008
  1. dont know if this is normal or not..my specs is
    Intel Pentium D 2.66ghz dual core
    9600gt
    2gb ram
    i tried installing games on my friend pc and it ran smooth while installing it.he can even play a game smoothly while installing..the reason i put this on other hardware is because i dont know what the problem is..so if anyone can help it'll be greatly appreciated

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

What? I don't know what you are asking for... Is your PC free of spyware or other malware? What program(s) are you running for protection?

3. Speaker

Speaker TS Rookie Topic Starter

what i was asking for is a solution to make the pc run smoothly while copying or installing...its free of spyware and i use AVG and Spybot

4. Tmagic650

So your friend's PC doesn't slow down when he is installing another program. What type of Internet provider are you using? Are you using a router with your modem? If so, your router could be slowing things down

5. Speaker

streamyx i live in malaysia and i use Prolink wireless G ADSL2+ Modem/router.also the other 2 laptop and a ps3 is sharing the same connection via wi-fi.

6. Tmagic650

So one laptop works and the other on the same wireless router is slow?

7. Speaker

no both of the laptop works...sorry theres actually 4 things sharing the same connection 1 computer,2 laptop and a ps3 the 1 that doesnt work is the computer

8. jlester87

jlester87 TS Rookie

I think your friend's processor is AMD..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.