PC starting issue

By Nomaran
Jan 30, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, first I'm unsure if I posted this in the right spot. If I did post this in the wrong section then may a moderator please move it to the appropriate section? Thanks.

Compaq Presario
    AMD Athlon X2 5400
    3gbs of memory
    550 gbs HD
    NVidia GeForce 6150 SE graphics
    Mother Board M2N68-LA

The computer worked just fine a couple a weeks ago. I switched it out with another computer for my brother to play on and I set this one in the corner. Now I just hooked this one back up and when I press the power button both the CPU fan and the power supply turn on and spin however, the monitor stays black and the laser mouse/keyboard do not light up. Now I have some experience with computers and I believe the motherboard is toast. I would just like to get another opinion before I toss it.

Regards Nomaran.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

I would still try another power supply first...
  3. Nomaran

Nomaran TS Rookie Topic Starter

Not the PSU

It's not the power supply. I switched it out last night and still getting the same results. I also took the same power supply and placed it in another pc, runs just fine. I also was able to get a screen of the computer starting up. The part where it tests the memory and it just froze with these blues lines from top to bottom.