PC stopped booting up, no display output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punkid

i was using my pc and the electricity went off (happens 2 times a day for an hour each,everyday) ,when the electricity came back,i turned on my computer and it wont boot up,there is no display output whatsoever ,the moniter is fine,the power LED comes on ,the fans work,but the LED for my HDD doesnt come on,there arent any beeps (ive heard about beeping )

my specs are : intel c2d e4600 2.4ghz 2gb ram intel dg31pr mobo and nvidia 9500gt

wht should i do???? could it be a power supply issue?? and shud i try removing the small coin like battery and if i shud,then wht happens when i remove that battery and how long is it to be removed for?

What power supply is it? (company, model, wattage,)

Most low quality power supplies will have little or no transient filter, which filter the incoming AC power and suppresses any voltage spikes. Most of the time when the power is cut the voltage spikes a bit.

Try removing your CMOS battery and you suggested and leave it out for about 10 minutes, and make sure you psu is unplugged and discharged.

You can discharge it by pushing the power button immediately after you unplug it, the lights and fans should flash for a second, then go off.

ok i will try that in a few mins,cuz i will first have to take out my graphics card to get to the CMOS battery.....

My PSU in the one that came with my casing,made by a company called Legend (probably u have never heard of it) but it is a 350 watt unit.....what components of my pc could be causing this problem? i will try the CMOS battery , but other than that,could it be my PSU or motherboard???? i jst hope its not the motherboard cuz PSU is cheap to replace

thanks alot mate i fixed my problem by removing the CMOS battery for some time and then putting it back in,thanks alot again....can u tell me wht settings do i need to change back to wht they were before i removed the CMOS battery? i know the time has been reset,do i only have to set it back to normal only in Windows or is there any option to change time in the BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back