PC Suddenly turns off

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoBo: Asus P5AD2-E
Memory: CORSAIR 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200)
Video:GeForce 6600 GT
Processor: Intel pentium 640 3.2 GHz
PSU: Aspire 500 Watt

My computer would Suddenly turn off. not restart, just off, When I would play my game (World of Warcraft) or Webcam with my friend. It would not do it immediately, it would be about 5-10 minutes into whichever one I was doing, then turn off. When I go to turn it on again, It would turn on but not boot, then shut off again. It would not be able to boot again for another 10 minutes or so.

Sometimes, but not all the time, when I am able to get it to boot again, it says it's over-heated. Other times it will Say "Overclocking Failed". other times after turning it back on it runs completely normally. I have cleaned the extremely thick layer of dust on the heatsink and all fans in the case. Checked the memory and made sure there were no physical obstructions of any kind...

it's just frustrating I can't do the things I like to do on my computer.

I'd kick it... but even though that'd make me feel better for a little while, it'd make the problem worse.

Yeah, it sounds like an overheating issue alright. The only thing i could think of to fix it would be a better fan or improved cooling system for your computer, but thats just my suggestion.

Look at the RAM sticks and see if there is any stuff on it or something then get another fan / cooling system like Eichenkatze said and if that doesnt work you might have to get another PSU ( power supply ) and switch it to a higher watt because you probably added more stuff to the computer then what originaly came with it ( like the videocard ) and might over heated

Here is a link to a good PSU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817341002

It seems to me, too, like an overheating problem. If you were looking for a new CPU cooler, you might consider something like this. The power supply that TimeParadoX mentioned looks pretty cool.
remember, this is all IMHO
--kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back