Pc to VCR makes a buzing noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

klarens

I hooked u my computer to a vcr. My videocard has a svcd out.
I bought a converter that convert it in a rca plug. and got a cable for my soundcard (onboard) that convert the 35mm to the red and white rca's. Then ran a 25ft cable from my pc to my vcr.
Now here is the problem I get a continous buzzing sound even when I am not using my soundcard. It is not to loud, but anoying.
This is all I tried so far.
Hooked sound up to a other computer (soundcart not onboard) (still buzzing)
Hooked sound up a portible cd player (no buzzing)
Hooked up my computer to a different outlet (still buzzing)
Unhooked everthing from my computer except power (still buzzing)
Tried a different 25 feet cable (still buzzing)
Hooked it up straight to my tv (still buzzing)
When my computer is hooked up to my normal speakers (no buzzing)
When I hook up the sound to my line in or mic on my sound card. (still buzzing)

Because of this last thing I still think I have a bad ground on both my computers. Do you all have any ideas how to test this ?

You might be think why is he hooking up his pc to a tv, well if I can get this to work. I just have to buy a tv tuner card and I can make my own TIVO.
The picture is fine that I get on my tv, so if I can get the buzzing out I will be set.

1. the more distance in cable between the two devices the more interference and signal loss you are going to get. Think of it like a giant antenna.

2. It could also be from grounding problem from either source (most likely the VCR)

Hmmm, well I will try to make it shorter.
You just gave me an idea I can hook up the sound to my pc speakers and get a shorter cable. I will try that tonight.
Or my next step would me to move my vcr right next to my computer and just run the cable to my tv

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back