PC turns on but i Don't heard beeps nor monitor turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
i upgraded my first hand made PC which had an intel duo core 2, 2.13 GHz with asus P5B deluxe motherboard. To new intel duo core 2, 2.33 GHz E6550 and asus P5N-E SLI motherboard i install everything, video card, sata HD 1gig of ram memorex CD burner which doesn't turn on i check the power to it and unpluged a couple of time and still won't turn on. after i power on the tower the lights turn on, all fans run, i kind of heard the hard drive run but i dont heard the beeps and the monitor doesn't turn on i already checked the post on techspot and double checked everything and the pc still doesn't run. is there any kind of prosedure, because i just swap all the perepherals and hardware from the other motherboard, where there be any chance that my power supply could have fail. I really need some help feaguring this out. PLEASE HELP ME! ASAP

thanks ,

No beeps is not good. It is possible that your old PSU is not powerful enough for the new setup. Try the following:
Disconnect everything from the motherboard except the CPU and CPU fan, and take out the RAM. This includes the front panel connections and graphic card.
Connect the PSU and start the system by shorting the two pins for the cable to the front panel power button. some beeps is good. power off and fit 1 RAM stick. Restart. Fewer beeps is good.
Now fit the graohics card and restart. 1 beep is excellent. Power off.
Fit the other RAM chip and restart - still 1 beep - excellent. Power off.
Now reconnect 1 piece at a time, restarting after each one. When it stops you have found your problem.
1 other thing to check - make sure that there are no extra brass motherboard support stubs - if you have one where there is no screw hole in the motherboard it can short out the board underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back