PC Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Necrosjef

Im thinking of buying a new pc from ebay here

Is this a good deal?

I am very unsure about the motherboard stability, i can't seem to find it anywhere on motherboards.org or newegg

My current pc spec is

3.2GhZ P4
1GB DDR RAM(2x 512MB Sticks)
Nvidia 6600 GT graphics card
PC Soft Mainboard

i see the pc iam looking at on ebay has an older graphics card than my current one, would i be able to remove my graphics card and install it into the new pc?

and would i also be able to remove the ram from my old pc and add it to the new one?

Is this pc a good deal i haven't bought many computers help would be most appreciated :)

If you have any ideas on where to get a good pc for around about 600 pounds stirling or $1000 dollars please let me know.

Thx

Necrosjef.

It looks like a fairly good system, since it's a good cpu, and is upgradeable.

I wouldn't trust the power supplies that any of their cases have though, you might consider replacing it with a good one if you do buy it( cheap power supplies are likely to fail, and could also fry the motherboard if they go bad, which is expensive).

The 6100 is actually newer than a 6600gt, but is slower, since it's a budget integrated graphics card. You could use the 6600gt you have if you have a pci-express version, but if yours is agp, then it won't be compatible.
I don't think the motherboard is too bad, foxconn is what I'd call an average board, not top of the line, but not bottom of the line either.

Some of their claims are garbage though.

Play all the latest games with ease
It might "run" all the latest games, but not very fast. At least it doesn't say "plays latest games with blazing framerates," but IMO, it sort of implies that.

Awesome Gaming Performance
Hmm, in comparison to what? A 5+yr old system?

I also find this part funny.
VERY INTERESTING PRICES !
What makes the price interesting? Is the "interesting" part that windows xp is an additional cost perhaps?

Also, I don't think this is correct.
2 x 512MB FAST DDR400 Memory

THIS ENSURES FASTER PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN USING JUST 1 X 1GB - MEANING EACH CORE HAS IT'S OWN DEDICATED RAM
I don't think that each core gets its own memory stick "allocated" for it's own private use, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back