PC was slow, now boot manager missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's the deal: I woke up yesterday morning and turned on my laptop, and I noticed that everything was running a little slow, and a lot was freezing up. It's gotten progressively worse and even Windows Task Manager says (Not Responding). Now here's the worst part. I was trying to download the free AVG virus protection software since my Symantec expired. I figured it must be a virus, spyware, malware, trojan, whatever. I had a the Windows malware thing running and then everything just stopped. Explorer, AVG, Malicious Software Removal, everything quit, so I tried to open Task Manager and it wouldn't work. So i shut down my comp and now when I try to restart it no luck, it says that it failed to restart and gives me options to open Command Prompt or do System Restore. I have no restore points and I can't find the system restore disk. I've only had this comp since december and I don't know what went so terribly wrong. Please help.

you're going to have to either get a new manufacturer disk or buy a copy of the OS to install.

if you still have issues, then it's hardware related.

You should be able to start a complete or full restore by booting from the RESTORE CD. If it still fails, your hard drive may be bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back