Pc with no case fans.. help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkapers

My case has no case fans. It does have 2 areas for them(1 above the other under the power managment fan) and a cpu fan.

Im using a Amd Athlon 2000+ processor with an amd fan that came with it. the problem is i live in a very humid area and the system get very hot (up to 78*C) i was just wondering what would be the best cost effective method of bringing the temp down. I have thought of getting a couple case fans but im not sure how well they will work because they're at the back.

One thing i've resorted to those hot days is leaving one side of the case of with a fan on it :), it brings the temp down about 15 - 20*C.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Two things, get some case fans, and buy some arctic silver heatsink compound(If you're comfortable messing around inside your computer). 78* C is getting way too hott, I'm not sure if the cpu can survive much past that....

Originally posted by vassil3427
Two things, get some case fans, and buy some arctic silver heatsink compound(If you're comfortable messing around inside your computer). 78* C is getting way too hott, I'm not sure if the cpu can survive much past that....

...and if you're not computer savvy, definitely get the case fans first....check your temps (I'm sure it will be a big improvement) and if necessary, go with what vassil says. Remember the air flow with the fans....front intake, rear exhaust. Also, is the 78 degrees the case temp or cpu temp?

definately get some fans, if nothing else, one in front near the bottom pulling air into the case and one at the rear near the top pulling air out. Until then, keep the case open and the fan blowing on it if you can. 78C is getting a bit too close to danger, IMO.

If you can get it to around 50C or lower, under full load, you'll be in very good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back