PC with no OS

By redwoo
Apr 9, 2010
  1. Hi all i bought an acer aspire with no OS so i loaded my copy of vista on it and i wont boot just gets to the green loading bar and thats it

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!
  2. Syquester50

Syquester50 TS Rookie

This area is for introductions only. If you want an answer to your question, you have to post in the Question area.
  3. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 3,433   +143

Since you have little to lose, you could try and reinstall.
  4. Alexexex

Alexexex TS Enthusiast Posts: 106

ROFL... eh why don't you just... call Acer up and ask them what the heck?
  5. mattfrompa

mattfrompa TS Guru Posts: 490   +16

Are you saying you bought a used Acer Aspire with the knowledge that it did not include an OS? Which loading bar do you mean? Did you get too see a seemingly successful install of Vista? Any notable behavior during the install?
  6. Vicbowling

Vicbowling Banned

If you bought a used computer it may have problems and that's why you can't install the operating system.
  7. ultragrey

ultragrey TS Rookie Posts: 61

Have you tried to go into the bios setup? If you really wanted the solution you should have answered earlier postings, dude...
  8. superty12

superty12 TS Enthusiast Posts: 413

Umm... Your Acer Aspire came with no OS? Did you buy it used? This one came with Vista and runs perfectly. Anyways, boot from your Vista disc, enter your language, currency, and keyboard output. Then press "Start Now". You should now see a screen that has "Install Now" on it. In the bottom left hand corner, there is a button that says "Repair Your Computer" or something like that. Press it. Then press the button that says "Startup Repair". Hopefully on reboot you will reach the desktop. Post back with results.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.