PC Wont BOOT, Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spetznaz24

Before I buy a new cpu, mobo, and ram I decided for the final time to get my old pc working again, maybe some of you guys work some magic and my mobo will start working again

I got a new sound blaster audigy 2 zs sound card. I removed my old drivers and my old sb live card, inserted the audigy, the computer at first booted, I installed the audigy but upon shutting down the computer didnt turn on, the fans were spinning and nothing all screen. :confused: a day later and the computer wont boot. I have removed all the pci cards from the mainboard. Still doesnt boot, tried removing 2 sdram chips and tried each seperately, still no boot. Then i removed the cmos battery, the computer booted fine. then i shut it down and put the audigy back in along with other cards. the computer wouldnt boot! then i removed them all over again, took out cmos battery for 1 minute, now it wont boot even if all pci slots are free. All the fans spin and thats pretty much it. I have 4 lights in the back of my mainboard and according to them the computer is on System power on. I have run out of all the options. tried reconnecting all power supply connections,no luck.

The 4 lights on my dbracket are all red, according to msi site, this means cpu is damaged! i think this is impossible, I never touched it, never took of the heatsink,

my sys specs
AMD Athlon Xp 1600+ cpu on MSI K7T Turbo 2 6330 v5 mobo,
Leadtek a250 geforce 4 ti 4400
512 mb pc133
sb audigy 2 zs 7.1
dvd rw and dvd rom drive
120 gig wd 8mb hd
400w power supply

btw i just found the jumper on the mobo to switch it to 100fsb, it doesnt even turn on at all, not quiet sure what this means, when its on 133fsb, the fans turn on. interesting thing is that the cpu fan and the gpu fan spin, they are connnected to the mobo, which means that devices are getting the power.

Spetznaz24 is on the verge of nervous breakdown :eek: lol

Try unplugging the computer and remove the battery. Leave it out an hour or so. After an hour or so reinstall the battery take out all cards execpt video. Make sure memory is fully seated in their slots. All cables firmly seated? Cpu firmly seated? Plug computer back in and if it boots get into the bios. Usually by hittting the delete key right after you hit the power button. Load setup defaults. save and exit and see if windows boots. If it does then try rebooting several times to make sure it continues to boot. Now try the sound card in a different slot. If nothing works after reinserting the sound card, I would think that maybe its bad. Return it an try another. Is your power supply a generic one that came with the case?

Check for any burnt-out components.

I have the same mobo and it just went berserk on me a few days ago. All I did was increase the fsb to 139 MHz and had a few bsod the next couple of days. When I reset the bios the thing stopped working. It would not post but the fans are spinning. The bracket LEDs keep telling me it's a memory problem but they tested fine on another system. Finally, looked at the mobo itself and found a cracked transistor near the memory slots. I suspect that is my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back