PC wont reformat from XP disk..PFFFFT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sana

a week ago i asked for help and suggestions as to why i couldnt reformat my PC ... soooo anyways i found the disk XP disk .. 100 boxes later...

i stick the Cd in ... and even went to setup and changed the BIOS boot order to "boot first CDROM" in the BIOS ... hit enter and i get to the first screen that asks me

BOOT ATPI FROM DISK ... there's a flashing " _ " i hit "Y" nothing happens ... then i hit "ENTER" nothing happens then it says FAILURE ... and off we go to windows and i end up on my Desktop again ..

Has anyone got a clue whats happening? .. im stumped ...
LOL anything will help at this stage .. i havew been told there are other ways to reformat thru a DOS command .. dunno what it is tho

thx
sana

If you have a floppy drive, go to www.bootdisk.com and get the file to make a W98SE OEM bootfloppy. Boot from it, then when you see the A:\> prompt, type in FDISK and delete all partitions.
exit program, insert XP-CD and boot from CD. It should lead you to partition/format the HD.

thankyou realblackstuff ... its 4 30 am and im exhausted or just being blank but does
W98SE OEM = Windows 98 SE OEM? if it is
i downloaded it and copied it to a floppy and when i clicked it it says

A:\boot98se.exe is not a valid Win32 application

thx
sanaberry

Don't you guys ever read instructions?
I said "get the file to make a W98SE OEM bootfloppy"
Run that program from your HD, it will then CREATE a bootfloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back