PC won't start - error 7

Hi,

I have an older Dell XPS 400 computer. When I attempt to start my PC, I'm getting a "ERROR 7" message. I ran a hard drive diagnostics and it returned the following message:
"Fail - Return Code 7 - Reason Code HYBJL91FZFE".
Following are the specs, as I know them, of my PC:
Dell XPS 400 computer.
Running Windows XP
Samsung Hard Drive Model # HD160JJ/P
7200 rpm
Sata
Note: Cannot download the suggested utility, Download TSG SysInfo, because I can't start computer.

I've read that Error 7 indicates that the Hard Drive has failed; is that true, and do I need to get another Hard Drive? Also, I have looked and looked for the "Reason Code" shown above and have no idea what that means??

I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me on this as I need my computer. Thanking you, in advance!

MIKEYMIKE

I can imagine that this computer is quite old. It is very possible that the boot hard drive has failed. Yes, you will need a new hard drive and to have XP reloaded... it may be time for a new computer:(

I can imagine that this computer is quite old. It is very possible that the boot hard drive has failed. Yes, you will need a new hard drive and to have XP reloaded... it may be time for a new computer:(
Thanks for your response. Guess I'll get a new pc if getting a new hard drive won't help? What ya think?

If you have an XP install disk you can install a new drive and install XP fresh. XP is no longer supported and I trashed all my XP disks over a year ago. I'm using Windows 10 now :)

Back