PC won't start

I have a 4 year old computer, but with some new parts. Some time ago I started having problems starting it up, but when I took out the power cord and replaced it and then turned it on in the back, follwed by the front it would start. This worked for a few months but now when I do this it just blinks, once, at the front but it doesnt start. To get it to blink again I have to take out the power cord and do the process again, but as before it just blinks and dont start. I sent in the power pack but the firm I bought the PC from said it works fine. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Also, nothing happens but the one time blink a the start button in the front. No fan or anything.

You are still not clear... When you say power pack, are you talking about the desktops power supply? Power pack refers to a removable/rechargeable battery. "I sent in the power pack"... So they checked the power supply? If they did, the motherboard is the next thing in line to replace. What is the make and model of this desktop?

They checked the power supply - Where the power goes into the desktop and from there to the different parts of the desktop. There is a fairly large company in Sweden that makes their own computers, they also sell all kinds of other diffrerent electronic equipment, like tv, earphones, hard drives etc. I can give you the different parts but not a make of desktop

I don't know if my situation applies to you as well.

I have this ~4-y.o. desktop pc with thermaltake power supply unit and whenever I press the power on button, the computer will immediately turn on.
however, I have to press several times the power on button of another ~4-y.o. desktop pc computer with generic psu.

turn off computer, unplug it from wall socket.
check if the psu has a turn on button.
check if the power cord is intact.

inside your desktop pc:
check if psu's main power connector is connected to the motherboard (20 or 24-pin).
check if psu's atx connector is connected to the motherboard (4-pin or 4+4-pin).

Back