Pc won't start..

Status
Not open for further replies.

enciel

Hello I am having a problem with my computer. It has been the second day it hasn't started but before everything happened I was using the computer and just doing basic stuff and then we had a quick power shortage in the whole village so it was on then off, then after a few minutes it happened again so the cpu went on and off again. I was able to use it throughout the night and decided to shut down when I was off to sleep and then then the next day it won't start as in no lights from the cpu no fan no nothing.

The USB connecting through it like the printer works though cause when I turn the printer on it works but the cpu won't start.. I decided to unplug it from yesterday and up to now no respond it's dead T_T so anyone know what could be the problem?

I'm not 100% sure but it migh of been caused by power surge that destoryed the system? Did you have the power from the comptuer groundd witha surge protecter and the internet grounded (cable-coxial cable, dsl-phone line, dial-up-phone line)

yap the power was from a surge protector and the internet grounded it's been the 3rd day and still no response and i don't have a clue on what could be wrong with it =(

Im sorry but I dont have a clue usualy it would be caused by a power surge, what brand and model is the comptuer, do you hear any beeps? Also is it under warntey

i wouldn't have thought that it was a surge of power as the pc was off. it started after two power failures so it obviousley survived them. what about the condition of the power surge protector, is that ok and or any inline fuses.

yeah it survived the power surges but then the next day it wouldn't start no beeps either since it really won't start. and i don't think it is under warranty anymore since i have this computer for already a lonng time and this has been the only problem i encounter every now and then x_x. another problem i have been having is after days it won't start[just like now] then after weeks it will start[like nothing happened] for example 3 days that i left it then off again after a week i used it. it's not normal is it T_T and it's a pain since i always have to wait for days to make it work it's a hassle for me since sometimes it goes off on the most crucial time when i need to finish papers and stuff and i cannot figure out what is the problem with it?

go over all the power connections to mobo, psu (in and out) and the connection to mains, try something else on the power surge connector to see if that works. failing all that you will most likely have to take it to the docs. it seems odd that it was still working immediately after the surge.

wish you the best.

thank you i am not sure what is happening as well but i just leave my avr open for around 5 minutes before the cpu decides to start up but at other times it starts up as soon as i turn on the avr @_@

If your PC wasn't protected with a surge protector - preferably an UPS, then yes, it may be toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back