pCCCCCCC keeps crashing plzz help

By TOPHAT5LASH
Feb 16, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey
    Recently i had prblems with my crashing when i went on games or made the pc do numerous things. After having bought new ram to put it up to 1Gb (checked to make sure neither of them was faulty) it still kept crashing so i went out and bought a new psu, this stopped the problems for a few months but my pc just started crashing again and i dont what it could be?

ps. i will post my minidumps if you can tell me how i forgot since last time.

regards jonny
  2. TOPHAT5LASH

TOPHAT5LASH Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

btw my stats are:

i have an advent 3512,
    Intel Pentium 4 3.0B GHz
    Motherboard Gigabyte GA-8GEMT4 Rev.1.0
    Memory 1gb DDR RAM - PC2100
    Hard Drive 120GB Samsung SpinPoint SV1204H
    Video Card nVidia 256 gefocre 6200
  3. TOPHAT5LASH

Is it possibly a hard drive problem as it is going on for 4yrs of age?
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  5. TOPHAT5LASH

hey
    here are my minidumps.
  6. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

4 minidumps crash at nv4_disp.dll. This is your graphics card driver. They have bugchecks of 50, and 8E. They all reference hl2.exe. Half life2.

1 minidump crashes at ntkrnlmp.exe. NT & kernel system file. It has a bugcheck of 8E. It references update.exe. update.exe is registered as the W97M.Exedrop downloader. This process usually comes bundled with a virus and it’s main role is to do nothing other than download other viruses to your computer. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

1 minidump crashes at Npfs.SYS. Windows NPFS Driver. it has a bugcheck of 8E. It references drst.exe. Dr speed touch programme.

The first thing you need to do is clean your system of malware.

Open a new thread in the security and the web forum, after following these instructions.

Go HERE and have your computer scanned.

Then, go and read both these threads by RBS. Follow all the instructions exactly.

How to remove Trojans and its ilk! and How to remove Begin2search / coolwebsearch and other nasties.

Then see. How to post your Hijackthis log-file as an ATTACHMENT.

Only post a HJT log, after doing the above.

Once we`ve got your computer cleaned up. We can return to this thread if necessary.

Regards Howard :)
  7. TOPHAT5LASH

thanks i'll clean it up now
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.