PCI Card doesnt turno on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Im new in this things. Please excuse my english.

I get a PCI Card today for installing on the MB.

Is a 5 USB ports card . the manufacturer is ENCORE electronics and the product is ENLUSB2-5PCI-BR.

The problem is that i cant turn on the computer with the Card inserted in the slot, no sign, no sound, no image, nothing.
When i remove it, then turn on normally.

What can i do? Thanks for your time.

SEP

My guess would be that either you don't have enough power from your PSU to juice up the entire system, or that your motherboard chipset drivers are out of date.

What make/model is your motherboard, CPU, ram, PSU?
What other PCI devices do you have?
What version of windows?

Welcome to Techspot by the way!

PedroLulu said:
Hi, Im new in this things. Please excuse my english.

I get a PCI Card today for installing on the MB.

Is a 5 USB ports card . the manufacturer is ENCORE electronics and the product is ENLUSB2-5PCI-BR.

The problem is that i cant turn on the computer with the Card inserted in the slot, no sign, no sound, no image, nothing.
When i remove it, then turn on normally.

What can i do? Thanks for your time.

SEP

Replace the card with another brand. It's either defective or not compatible with your system. No matter how your system it set up, it should NEVER do that.

Thanks for your answers. You guys are so fast, and i apreciate that. thanks a Lot.

Well, i have OS windows 2000 Pro, 2 Hard drives (10 GB & 80 GB). CDRW 52x, 164 Mb RAM, 3 1/2 " floppy, 56K modem, but i dont know the manufacturer of the MoBo, may be is PC Chips. Only has one PCI SLot and one Isa Slot (no more).

I tried to manage the Bios, thinking the problem was there, but i think no.

See ya.

Does the system get power? If the power LED doesn't turn on, then you have a short or an overload somewhere. Better replace that PCI card.

If the system does power up, just doesn't go anywhere, try the card in another PCI slot. You did clear the system BIOS and/or update it to the latest version?

Since the computer doesn't even start up, the drivers have nothing to do with anything here.

Yes, the system powers up the power LEd is on and so the fan of the pentium.

I cant change it to another slot because is the only one PCI slot.

May be tomorrow i´ll send it to the seller for check it there with another machine of his own.

Thanks guys, you are so gentle.

id like this web page!!

and i want to know more andmore and more and more of the PCs and software.

Last night my brother checked the Card in his PC with W98 and everything goes right.

May be when i insert the card onto the PCI slot this one makes short, is it possible?
Could this situation harm my MoBo with high current or something like this? i mean if i try and try and try inserting.

Thanks

You can easily test that.. Put some other PCI card into that slot and see if it works. It could be that your motherboard was broken from the beginning and that's why you couldn't get the card to work..

Hi again!!

I checked the problem inserting another two PCI cards from my brother.

One is a 56K fax modem from the same manufacturer (encore electronics) the part number is ENF656-ESW-INPR.

The other one is a 10/100M fast ethernet network adapter, from the same manufacturer and the part number is ENL832-TX-RENT

Remember the problem card is PCI controller card USB2.0 part number ENLUSB2-5PCI-BR, yes the same manufacturer.

The two cards go well, the computer boot normally. But i inserted mine and still the same thing, doesnt boot.

The one thing i noticed is that the conector is different the other cards from mine. mine only has 2 sections if i can say that, the others has one more, the longitude is the same and the smallest part is the same distance but the third part makes one hole, i dont know if you understand me; i wll try to put some tape on the gold pads so they cant do anything on the slot, any way i dont see any path to nowhere in the card from those pads.

????? Walker..there is no way. You make your way walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back