PCI Controller problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently placed my old hard drive from an older mobo onto a new one to save time and money from backing up all of my files and buying a new OS, so i did basically everything that i thought i needed to do for my HD to recognize the mobo and boot. Like set all of my bus controllers back to standard so it could recieve the new ones. My old mobo had an AGP 4x/8x interface and my new one is PCIe 16x. So i uninstalled all of my peripheral drivers, and then reinstalled them after i had booted it with the new mobo. The only thing that the software from the mobo manufacturer recognized is that it needed to install the LAN drivers. it didnt ask to install and PCI controllers. So, new hardware manager is telling me that its finding a PCI device and that it needs to install drivers for it, but if it doesnt know what it is then it cant search for it..i've tried looking for nForce PCI System Management drivers, but no luck. my computer recognizes my video card. but its still telling me that there's a PCI device found. i noticed that it had something to do with the PCI controller when i couldnt change the aperture size of my PCI bus.

If there's anything any of you would understand about this. it would be very helpful.

Always do a fresh install of the OS.... PCI devices are usually NICs (Network Interface Adapters) or phone modems or even USB cards. Is your video card AGP or PCI? If it is an AGP card, make sure it is set as first video device in the bios

well why fix something that isnt broke? my os is fine. To me it seems like its a hardware issue, but im still trying to find out. When i was installing, i noticed that my mobo's driver cd didnt work, and it was to find out that it was dented, maybe saw some damage during manufacturer's packaging. My friend has the Micro version of my mobo with the same chipsets, so i used his, that was the cd that only recognized to install LAN drivers, i dont know if its because his cd was a different version than mine or what but im still in the process of figuring this out. my video card is PCI by the way and i dont have anything else in my PCI slots besides that.

System Specs:
NO
CPU:
AMD X2 5000+ 2.6GHz
Motherboard:
Biostar T560
Memory:
A Data 1Gx2 PC6400
Videocard:
ATI HD 2600XT
Cooling:
Zalman CNPS 9500 AM2
Soundcard/Speakers:
Sound Blaster Live! 24bit External/Logitech x540 5.1 speakers
Hard Disk(s):
120Gb Samsung IDE
Other drives:
30Gb Western Digital External
Case:
NZXT Apollo
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional

See if you can get the motherboards chipset drivers right from Biostars site. I have the AGP version of the ATI Radeon HD2600. Nice specs by the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back