PCI device

By Old Yeller
May 11, 2006
  1. What is the PCI device? Mine has a yellow question mark beside it. It tells me that I don't have drivers installed for it. I don't have any sound from my speakers.
  2. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

That's probably your first clue....your sound drivers are probably either not loaded or you don't have a functioning audio card. Is this a new load? How about some system specs?
  3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

A PCI device is Peripheral Component Interconnect. It refers to an older style peripheral card slot on your motherboard. Apparantly you have a device on a card that the drivers are not loaded for. Perhaps you have a sound card with no drivers. Most sound cards are PCI.
  4. Old Yeller

Old Yeller TS Rookie Topic Starter

My system specs.
    Windows XP sp2 Home Edition
    intel pent4 CPU 3.00GHz
    1024 memory
  5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Do you have a PCI audio card? Or a PCI modem?
    You can open your PC and check the white, long slots and check what do you have installed.
  6. Old Yeller

Old Yeller TS Rookie Topic Starter

PCI card

I don"t know which PCI card I have. I'm new with computers and I don't think I want to go inside of it as yet. I'll take it to the computer shop and have them fix it. Thanks guys.
  7. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

have you tried right clicking it (the question mark) and selected "update drivers" or similar?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.