PCI-e not like my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, So about two weeks ago i got the saphire hd 3850. I launched into counter strike source(I tryed other games and most crashed) after installing the drivers for amd's site. I was play for a bout 20 seconds then my video card crashed. I looked in the windows events to see what is said, It said that it got stuck in a "infinit loop". So i thought that i got a bad card. So i sent it back. My brother did a lot of stuff to try and fix it but nothing he did fixed it. He is realllly smart with computers.

I have a PCI-E slot.

Recently my friend gave me his old graphics card. So i put it in and install the drivers. I have the same problem. It is also a PCI-E card. I don't know the edsact but i know it is ATI like my other card.

For all you omega driver fans out there, Yes i did try thoes drivers but i had the same problem. =[

My computer is a: Emchine T6212
I have 2 GB or ddr ram. (Just wanted to let you know i upgraded the RAM)

I went on emachines site to look for aid but they wanted to charge me $30 to talk to them for 20 minutes. I would rather put that money to a new computer...

I really have no clue what the problem is and would like to know if i can solve it with out haveing to buy a new computer. I would love to have a new computer but i don't have the money right now...

So i hope this is enought info. If not then ask me what ya need to know to help me know what is wrong...

-Thanks

1. Uninstall all the Video drivers from Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel of Windows.
2. Restart the computer.
3. Run Driver Sweeper*, select the drivers that you have uninstalled and click Clean button.
4. Install the new drivers made for your card only

* For Windows Vista users, please run Driver Sweeper in administrator mode.
Right mouse click Driver Sweeper shortcut and click Run as administrator.

To download and install Driver Sweeper, please click HERE. (direct link)
Save DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe file on the hard disk.
Run DriverSweeper_1.5.5-setup-[Guru3D.com].exe.

I did already remove the drivers. So i don't think that is the problem. I will get the program you listed ans then try to reinstall the drivers. Thanks for your help and i will tell you if it worked when i get to doing it. I might be going out of town so i don't know when i can do it. I will try to do it ASAP. Thanks again.

You can reply here with the results from now to eternity (well maybe not that long, maybe within my lifetime, or even in a few days! :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back