PCI EXPRESS CARD x1, is it good enough for css?

By Salik
Sep 13, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, can someone please tell me if PCI EXPRESS X1 Connector is good enough graphic card, to play counter strike: source on? Thanks
  2. Alexyboy123

Alexyboy123 Newcomer, in training Posts: 71

errrr that doesn't even sound like a Graphics card... X1 are used for cards which used to go in straight PCI slots... most graphics cards are X8 or X16.
  3. kirock

kirock Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,598

He's right a PCI-E graphics interface is X16, so any new PCI-E card you bought would not work in the X1 slot. A PCI graphics card might, but then you're looking at 10 yr technology and I think it would suck for CSS.
  4. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,126

5. Salik

Salik Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Yh.. thx for the info, but i have a cpu where i can only use a pci- express x1 card ...:S.. i didnt know much about pcz when i bought this one.. one of my freinds plays on css and i really liked it so i was wounderin if there is a card which would play css on my computer.. Dustin_ds3000 is showing the right kind of card, would that card be sufficent enough to play css? thx. :>
  6. kirock

kirock Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,598

Well there's a quote from some guy who bought it. It's still a PCI card no matter what! It means it accesses the bus X16 SLOWER then a PCI-E and X8 times slower then an modern AGP (older APGs were X4 and 1st gen were X2, circa 1995).

I wouldn't buy it..not for that price. If it was $40..maybe. Weird thing with Pc's the older technology gets the more pricey the parts become (out of demand and out of production and out of stock).

Just some thoughts.
  7. Salik

Salik Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

orite thx for the info.. i am just gunna have to by another computer hehe..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.