PCI Graphics Card requried to run Battlefield II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son got Battlefield II for Xmas, but of course won't run on my PC without a few tweaks. The CPU and RAM will be fine, but the graphics card is a bit of a puzzle to me. :blush: :giddy:

I need NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater OR ATI Radeon 8500 or greater with minimum 128MB of memory. Is there a PCI (ie not PCI-Express or AGP) version of these cards that will still support DirectX 9.0c? If so what model numbers should I be looking for?

Cheers,
Davo

make shore you have atlest 512mb of ram and atlest a 2ghz intel or athlon 2200+ or above, and when you play close all backgroud apps, to free up respurces for bf2

defintily go for the 6200

good luck :hotbounce

vnf4ultra said:
A card like a pci 5500 or 5700le would work on low settings, but this is the best pci card you can get.
http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=304966
It's faster and newer and it's price is reasonable as well.

Thanks heaps for the heads up on this card... I didn't realise that there was a PCI version of the 6200. I'll investigate further and report back on the success or otherwise of this lead.

The only thing now is to either buy it internationally or find someone in Australia who would stock this!

Cheers,
davo

If you want to play BF2 with any sort of decency you really need to upgrade past a PCI card. BF2's large level use mass amoutns of texture data that swap from system memory to the video card. A pci card would be so slow that you would spend more time stuttering than playing.

Thats not true, i have a BFG Geforce 5500fx 256mb PCI and I can run Bf2 on med. settings fine. No lag at all. I think you people underestimate PCI. Its not that bad to have, but AGP or PCI-E is alot better. I gotta give you that. So I suggest getting the card I have. Probley the best one out there for PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back