TechSpot

PCI Help

By Spiders
Nov 27, 2007
  1. Ijust got Battlefield 2 for my comp (kinda late i know, but was only 10$) and i tried to run it on my comp but it locks up and im certain it is my card, (Radeon 9250 256 PCI) is it possible to run on this card in any possible way or do i have to get the latest, possibly last PCI card (DIAMOND X1550PRO256PSB Radeon X1550 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Video Card) just to run this game? (i think this is the latest card :p) dont have any PCIe or AGP slots

System Specs:
    Pentuim Four 2.4Gigz
    768 DDR Ram
    ATI Radeon 9250 256MB PCI
    80Gig HD (not sure on specific specs for HD)
    16x DVD-Rom Disk Drive

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

I doubt any PCI card will run the game for you - you don't give us a main board spec so cannot comment on alternative ideas for you.

3. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Have you installed the latest ATI Catalyst drivers? Do you have Microsoft's .NET Framework installed?

4. Spiders

Spiders TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 46

I would have to get back to you on motherboard type because im not on home comp (lost internet :sob: ) but do have 6.1.1 catalyst driver, couldnt find any others, and dont think i got .NET (considering i dont know what it is) is that the thing you can sign in your xbl gamertag with?

5. Spiders

Please look up "Specs?" post and help with that :p

6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

If you have the ATI catalyst installed you have the .Net Framework installed. The latest ATI drivers are version 7.1. Go here and check for your model video card:
    http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

7. Spiders

dam it sucks having no internet and pci expressless mobo.... :(

8. Spiders

that is blocked here but i can still get it, but i need to know if it is saveable first off so i can xfer via pen drive.

9. samjohnson

samjohnson TS Maniac Posts: 238

Ya its saveable, just save it to your desktop and put it on the flash drive after its done.

10. Spiders

is filehippo safe? cause i can get it from there and it isnt blocked.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.