PCI usb card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopdog

I recently installed a PCI I/O USB controller card (model CPVTUSB20-5) to add USB 2.0 support on an old PIII computer running XP sp2. The card was recognized without problems, and I installed the supplied driver. As far as I can see Windows recognized the card, but when I plug in any USB device (MP3-player, MP4 player and USB Flash drive) nothing happens. No lights on the devices, and no sign from Windows about the connection. I have no idea about what could be wrong, but the same thing happened when I installed a similar PCI-card (Firewire, model CPVT1394-4P) on an AMD Athlon xp2400 with a PCChips E848 motherboard, so maybe I´m doing something wrong.
This is some information on the PIII computer:

CPU Intel Pentium III, 500 MHz (5 x 100)
Motherboard Epox EP-61BXA-M/6ZXB/6ZXM/BX2/BX2P/BX3/BXC-A/BXT/ZXA
Chipset Intel 82440BX/ZX
System memory 128 MB (PC100 SDRAM)
BIOS Award Modular (07/16/99)

Are there any flags in the System Hardware Device Manager. There should be quite a list of USB devices at the bottom of the list under Serial Universal Bus Controllers. See if any of those have a yellow or red flag.
Are you using an operating system that required the installation of that disk of drivers?

There are no yellow or red flags in the System Hardware Device Manager, but yes, the list is long. I´m using windows xp sp2, so maybe I didn´t need the drivers, but I was asked for the CD.

I´ll try that, but this card is supposed to support Windows 98SE/ME/2000/NT/XP, so I still find it strange that it´s not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back