PCI Xpress problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded to the MSI PCI Xpress motherboard and installed a MSI NVidia 6600 256k pci express video card. Upgraded the RAM, and put in a new memorex 16x DVD recorder and a 200 gig HD. Now I'm having problems.

When the system is used for a long period, like gaming, it gets hot, I can smell the overheating...and the video begins to halt...then start up....and halt and so on...expecially in HalfLife2...then finally the system locks up. Not sure what the problem is. Also, in two other games, Delta Force Land Warrior and Diablo II, a white area appeared at the top of the screen, and under that, lines of white that flickered into the image. This was cleared up when I rebooted the system.

Further, when I open two or more windows on the desktop, they become blocked and I can't switch windows...the second will be all white or over written with the one on top.

System is slow and sluggish. I've reinstalled drivers, ran adware removal software and done virus checks. System is clean. Any other ideas?

Try contacting Nvidia as this seems the most visible reason for you freezing etc and give them your computer details-manufacturer etc, or google your Video card as there are sure to be people who have the same problems as you have.

Sounds like cooling is what you need. You need to get rid of all dust and make sure all fans are working properly.

Adding as many fans as your case supports would be a really good idea.

Your video card or PSU (Power Supply Unit) is overheating. What are the specs on ur PSU? Open up your case, look for a sticker similar to this and post all the information on it here.

techdex01 said:
Try contacting Nvidia as this seems the most visible reason for you freezing etc and give them your computer details-manufacturer etc, or google your Video card as there are sure to be people who have the same problems as you have.

do u realize u brought back a three year old thread? this is unneeded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back