PCIE card for Dimension 3100?

By kkushion
Jul 21, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I had trouble with a Radeon 9000 PCI card and called Dell support. They said my mobo will only support a PCIE video card expansion and gave me a model number they suggest, the ATI HD347. Unfortunately, I cannot find this product anywhere? Any suggestions for a video card that will finally let me end this nightmare and run dual monitors? My only want is to have this POS running duals ASAP.

Thanks.
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,283   +182

I looked up the 3100 at the Dell site and your mobo will only support PCI graphics cards. It comes with integrated graphics but your only expansion possibility is with a PCI card. Your mobo has 2 PCI and one PCI-E x1 slots but you need a PCI-E x16 slot to run a PCI-E graphics card.

Check Newegg.com for a selection of PCI graphics cards. There are several listed.
  3. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

4. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,283   +182

Interesting. I didn't know about those cards.
  5. korrupt

korrupt Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,060

IF you want two monitors, is there not just a cheap splitter you can buy?

Regards,

Korrupt
  6. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

I guess it depends on whether the OP wants two mirrored displays or if he wants two independant displays.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.