Pcludoni.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
This file was added to my machine a few days ago and I don't know why. Its located in the Windows/system32 dir. and it runs on startup. I can't find anything about it and I can't delete it. Thanks

The first thing that I need you to do for me is to download and install HijackThis for me,

Highjackthis Instructions
  • Make sure you have the LATEST version of HJT (currently v2.0.2) it can be downloaded from HERE
  • Run the HijackThis Installer and it will automatically place HJT in its own folder, usually C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. Please don't change the directory as it is necessary to create backups.
  • After installing, the program launches automatically, select Scan now and save a log
  • After the scan is complete attach the log into your reply.
Do not attempt to fix any item yet.
Do not add anything to the ignore list.
Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

Hijackthis will give me an idea as to what nasty things there are lurking about in your system and will help the both of us get rid of them.

If you have any problems or questions then please post back.

kritius will help you with the log. But I can't find 'Pcludoni'. The only clue I can give is that there is a photographer named Ludoni who appears active on the internet. There is a Ludoni, Russia.

He is a site with one of the Ludoni images. Do you do any photo sharing or exchanging?
http://www.usefilm.com/image/1420818.html

Cant find it at all, best guess bogus, lets check.

• Please visit Jotti Online Malware Scan
  • Copy the following line into the white text box:
  • C:\Windows\System32\Pcludoni.exe
  • Click Submit.
  • Please post the results of this scan to this thread.
Note: If the server is busy at the above site, try this alternative site:
  • Go to Virus Total-Upload A File.
  • Copy the following line into the white text box:
  • C:\Windows\System32\Pcludoni.exe
  • Click Send.
  • Please post the results of this scan to this thread.

"This file was added to my machine a few days ago and I don't know why"
How did you find or see this file? Where did it come up? What were you doing?

Something for this should show on the Startup tab:
Start> Run> type in 'msconfig' without the quotes> enter> Selective Startup> Startup tab> to expand the Command Column, hold left mouse button down on top frames of column and more to right until expanded.

Look for any process or left or Command in the next column relating to anything pcludoni> UNCHECK it> Apply> OK> Reboot
Close the nag message that comes up after checking 'don't show this message again'..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back