Pctv not detected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

imax2000

would some1 tell me how or where do i know that my pctv card is connected to the slot or not?

thank u in advance

Need a bit more on this - is this a desktop machine with a PCI card fitted to it or a laptop with a USB device attached?
If you go into the device manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device manager) to see if it is listed.

hi

by the way it s not a laptop, well i know this (Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device manager) but where do i ve to look to see?in which part it cud be listed?

4mbckfo.jpg

It could be either under display adapters or sound, video and game controllers.
You could also look at the back of the PC and see if there is a card in place with a TV aerial connection on it.

hi

yes i have the card in its place, i think the problem is about drivers,i ve installed them by pinnacle cd. but i still have unknown video and audio controllers.i ve used autodetected drivers programme, then the video and audio controllers re detected, but i dont know if it fits the pinnacle card or not.

see the pic
6c6kn84.jpg

Short answer to that is to take the card out and examine it. Sometimes it is impossible to see if the install CD matches the device but there should be a clue! If in doubt, visit the manufacturer's website to download the latest set.
Installing the drivers should also have installed the software to run with it but if there is a mismatch then nothing much will happen.
With the card out, restart the machine and uninstall all the software and drivers.
Check the device manager to confirm that they have gone.
Reinstall either from the CD if you think it is OK or from the downloaded set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back