TechSpot

PDA recommendations?

By halo71
Nov 30, 2006
  1. Okay....I have had 2 different iPaq's over the last 3 years. Had many problems, touch screen stops working, unit formats itself, batteries dont last etc.etc. I am in need of another PDA. I really do not want to sink anymore money into HP or Compaq PDA's. And against my better judgement of buying Dell products. I cant but help look at the Dell x51v. Does anyone here use any of the Dell PDA's or presently have the x51v? Dell doesnt make this unit themselves do they...if so who does.

If so can you tell me what you think of it? Likes dis-likes etc. Or can someone recommend something else.

EDIT: Nobody here using a PDA?

2. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 1,289

Hello

Anybody???????

3. MarcFOnline

MarcFOnline TS Rookie Posts: 84

Well, I have the X3i from Dell... it's old, but it's served me well for over two years now, so I really can't complain. My favorite thing is the Dell foldable keyboard that I bought along with it... actually makes it an ultra-portable option for taking notes in class, and it's a heck of a lot lighter than lugging around a full laptop. The battery life could be a little better, I suppose, but as long as I have the WiFi antenna turned off, I'm able to get somewhere around 4 hours out of it. (That number might be a little dodgy... it's been a while since I completely ran down the battery.)

If I were to buy a PDA today, though, I would definitely go for a cell phone/PDA combo like the Palm Treo or the Blackberry. It would be nice to lug around one piece of equipment instead of two. As long as it has Bluetooth, there are some cool options for portable keyboards too...

Anyways, hope that helps.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.