PDF file print shuts down computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tearing my hair out trying to solve this one. Trying to print a pdf document in Adobe 9 reader (also Adobe 8) results in the computer shutting down. The printer is a Samsung CPL-300 colour laser and has given no problems before.
Recent activity - Installed Adobe Premier Pro CS4 video capture and editing suite, also added a new external HD - a LaCie 1 Terrabyte which initialy gave me a problem on booting up - but seemed O.K. last time I booted up with the disc connected.
I've uninstalled Premier Pro, and disconnected the ext. disc, also uninstalled Adobe reader programs.
The printer works O.K. when printing documents from Word etc.
System details - Win XP Home SP3, 2 GB RAM, System Disc is a Maxtor 6E040L0 41.1 GB plus another Maxtor 200 GB HD. AMD Athlon 64 2.00 GHertz processor.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

recommend Uninstall of Adobe, reboot, download the latest copy and reinstall

Sorry I should have said - I've uninstalled, shut down and reinstalled Adobe9 a couple of times without effect. My last try was to download Foxit reader with exactly the same result. I now think it might be the printer, unfortunately Samsung haven't a clue what the problem might be. It looks like a new printer might be required!
Thank you for replying.

Thought you said MS Word and other programs print fine ....

You might try uninstalling the printer, reboot and reinstalling it ???

this is definitely a driver issue with PDF files. I would ensure you have all the adobe updates. If you are still having issues, try another printer. Printers are fairly cheap nowadays.

If you can try printing the .pdf file from another machine. If the same issue occurs I would guess there is an issue with the file itself.

any pdf file shuts down computer when trying to print

Sorry about the delay - but I got hold of another printer with exactly the same result - as soon as I click OK on the print box the computer reboots itself and of course nothing prints. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my own printer several times. It prints am MS Word doc. but if I try on any of my saved pdf files - as above - reboots.
Anyone any other ideas please?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back