peer to peer wireless problem (internet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have setup a wireless connection between an 2 adapters, both linksys brand but one is a notebook G the other is a external boxed USB G (both are speedboster) type. Now the lan works like a dream no problems whatso ever but i can't seem to get the host to connect the internet to the other wireless (internet is going through ethernet cable adsl) i have tried sharing the internet connection with the host this resulted in nothing happening so i stopped that and bridged it this allowed me to connect to the net via the wireless but had a really bad intermittant connection along with a 11kb download rate on a 2mb connection. so i'm back to cable till i find the solution. As for firewalls there are none on either machine atm i uninstalled them from both as a testing feature. ( i tend to setup networks with barebasics then add security lil by lil. so they will be re-installed later and i'll hopefully configure those properly. i did notice that the client isn't being given a DNS or a DHCP value from a fully automated connection oh yes and i am running WEP (i know it's not brilliant but its the best that is offered between Peer to Peer)

thanks all in advance.

oops typo was thinking about something else, it wasn't the DHCP that wasnt' being given a value that is enabled it was the DNS and default gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back