TechSpot

Pen Drive Broken

By Dalmo
Aug 12, 2005
  1. I have USB ports at the front of my computer and I guess they're not working properly. I've tried to configure them and plugged a pen drive for testing, but it did not recognise. For my surprise, the pen drive is not recognised in any other computer. I tried another pen drive, and the same thing happened again. The two pen drives are not working now. Does anyone know if a pen drive is repairable? How these USB ports brake the pen drives?

2. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

it's probable that the internal headers for the usb ports are hooked up wrong, look into that. and you should know that pen drives can be wiped out by a static shock (among other things) and once they break they cannot be repaired.

3. Liquidlen

Liquidlen TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,094

Do those USB ports work for other peripherals, and do they continue to work ?

4. Dalmo

Dalmo TS Rookie Topic Starter

I haven't tried any other peripherals because I lost two pen drives, so.... But thanks a lot. I'm gonna check USB ports connections again!!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.