Pentium 75Mhz, 8mb memory, 4x CDROM, 1mb video memory for sale.

Rick

Staff
My girlfriend is selling her old computer from 1992. It's a Packard Bell Legend 406CD

Here's what you get:
  1. Pentium 75mhz
  2. Totally Windows 95 compatible
  3. 8mb EDO memory (Upgradable to 128mb.. 2 SIMMs)
  4. 3 or 4 ISA slots (not certain). 2 IDE channels and 1 floppy controller
  5. Maxtor 128gb hard disk
  6. Quad speed CDROM
  7. 14.4kbps fax/modem/ (16-bit SRS 3D) Audio combo card
  8. Integrated 1mb graphics chip
  9. Onboard PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports. Serial / joystick / printer ports included.
  10. Floppy Disk
    [/list=1]

Here's what you don't get:
    1. Monitor not included
      [/list=1]

Whether it gets sold or not depends on if anyone wants it and the prices offered, but any offers are appreciated. I'll give the people I know the best priority, but I make no guarantees on availability or finalizatation of sales. This is because she may change her mind or whatnot...

If you are interested, just a leave a message here, and/or PM me. Thanks.

I would recommend you try to sell this on eBay rather than on here. What about a For Sale section for members of the forum...i remember this being brought up before and the answers were no because then if there was problems with the computer equipment it may bring a bad name to 3ds which could be true, but it would bring people here too. You guys could add something to the agreement saying that 3dspotlight is not responsible for any hardware or software that was purchased in the FOR SALE section of the forum....just a thought...

Plus would it not cost more to ship the thing than the amount that could be profitted from its sale??? :confused:

The graphics is Cirrus logic the Sound/Modem combo is IBM MWave, and I think the 4x CDROM is NEC.

I had the P100 version of that comp :). Although it did get heavily upgraded :).

ss1.

Originally posted by ss1
The graphics is Cirrus logic the Sound/Modem combo is IBM MWave, and I think the 4x CDROM is NEC.

I had the P100 version of that comp :). Although it did get heavily upgraded :).

ss1.

Woah! That's some slammin' graphics card and it comes with a killer soundcard. I'm telling you, this is one hot deal. I don't know why people aren't jumping on this like wildfire. :blackeye:

Originally posted by erwin1978

Woah! That's some slammin' graphics card and it comes with a killer soundcard. I'm telling you, this is one hot deal. I don't know why people aren't jumping on this like wildfire. :blackeye:

Because it have the "P" word. Thats "Packard Bell" ;)

But if anyone here wants it, I'll give you the original Voodoo 1 I have here so you have a whooping 5 megs of video ram. Then we can play Quake 3 together !!

LoL.

Hey, someone out there probably has a use for it. Ebay is a good suggestion, but I thought I'd give this place a shot first since I know a lot of you and trust you more than the average ebayer.

Speaking of which, the package has been upgraded...

It now comes with a whopping 128mb Maxtor hard disk.

Like I said though, I'm not sure if it will get sold for certain. My girlfriend has considered giving it to me. If that is the case, then I might just keep it for myself.

Well, Rick I would buy it just for spare parts but I am quickly running out of room to put stuff.

I am still "King of the PackRats"

:grinthumb

My uncle just bought my old P133 off my parents for £200 (GBP).
He just wanted something for word processing, email and maybe a little web access.

He got a 15" Monitor, Speakers, 3gb of disk space, Hayes internal 56k v90 modem (that cost me £80 many years ago), ATI Mach64 PCI graphics card with 4 mb memory, floppy, CD rom drive, keyboard & mouse.
Since I still have far too much junk (including several spare keyboards and mice) I think it was a fairly good deal ;)
Doubt I will see any of the money from the sale of the computer though, even though most of the components were purchased by me...

Originally posted by StormBringer
Well, Rick I would buy it just for spare parts but I am quickly running out of room to put stuff.

I am still "King of the PackRats"

:grinthumb

I will have to go with LNCPapa on that one. You might not know him, but that guy can store some stuff like it is his job :D
But you might come in a close second

Back